DRMP Angel Tree a Success for 4th Straight Year
December 20th, 2016
Orlando, Fla.— Smiling faces from the Central Florida Children Home’s (CFCH) kids is DRMP’s mission every year at Christmas. From the generosity of our staff, their families and our firm, we spend the time between Thanksgiving to right before Christmas collecting gifts to fulfill the wishes of the kids at CFCH.
It begins with a Christmas tree filled with angel tree tags, each identifying a wish given to us by the children at CFCH. Employees have the chance to take a tag and fulfill the gift wish or just donate cash for the home or for a gift to be purchased. As presents start being turned in, each one is carefully wrapped and labeled and stored away for the big reveal party we host for the kids. Our resident Santa Claus and Elf distribute the gifts into the awaiting hands of their new owners. This year we collected 217 gifts for the 15 kids ranging in age from 17- to 2-years-old. Additionally, we raised over $1500 in cash donations for the home.
“The smiles on the faces of those kids every year is priceless,” said Wayne Chalifoux, PE, President/CEO. “When we started Angel Tree a few years ago, I had no idea that we were starting what we consider a Christmas tradition.”
The Central Florida Children’s Home (CFCH) was incorporated in 1973 by Eastland Baptist Church. This special home, which relies solely on donations and volunteers, without hesitation takes in children (toddlers to teenagers) whose parents are unable to care for them and provides a safe and caring environment in the hopes that one day the family can be reunited. For more information, http://cfch.net/.
DRMP is a multi-discipline firm serving clients in the public, private and industrial sectors in the development of infrastructure and has been in business since 1977. DRMP currently employs 300 professionals in 13 office locations spread strategically across our service area. Today, DRMP is ranked among Engineering News-Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms” in the United States. For more information, please visit www.drmp.com.
There are no articles posted this month.
Our bi-monthly digital newsletter offering the latest company news.
- Nov13DRMP Relocates its Tallahassee, FL Office Tallahassee, Fla. – DRMP’s T...See Details
- Nov8Gabriel Colon-Rivera, PSM, Joins DRMP as Survey Project Manager in Orlando Orlando, Fla. – DRMP is please...See Details
- Nov1DRMP Relocates its Ft. Myers, FL Office Ft. Myers, Fla. - DRMP's Ft. Myers, ...See Details
- Nov1DRMP Relocates its Panama City, FL Office to Panama City Beach, FLPanama City Beach, Fla. – DRMP&rsq...See Details
- Oct21Steve Vargo, PE, Joins DRMP as Construction Services Area Leader in Georgia Stockbridge, Ga. – DRMP is ple...See Details
- Oct14Paul Benvie, PE, Joins DRMP as its Fort Myers Office Leader Fort Myers, Fla. – DRMP i...See Details