SR 9B Extension from I-95 to US 1 Wins Merit Award from DBIA Florida Region
October 1st, 2016
Orlando, Fla. – DRMP provided structural and traffic engineering for FDOT District Two’s SR 9B Extension from I-95 to US-1 project that won a DBIA Florida Region’s Design-Build Merit Award in the Transportation-Roadways Category.
DRMP designed two twin bridge sites, SR 9B over Veveras Drive and SR 9B over FEC Railroad and US-1. SR 9B over Veveras Drive is a single span structure and consists of Florida-I 54 Beams supported by end bents founded on spread footings. Spread footings were used in lieu of driven piles accelerated the project schedule and reduced construction costs. SR 9B over FEC Railroad and US-1 is a two span structure and consists of Florida-I 78 Beams (FIB 78) supported by end bents and a standard pier founded on 24-inch square prestressed concrete piles. This FIB 78 superstructure alternative was a major cost and time savings over the conventional steel girders first proposed for the site.
DRMP also provided lighting and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) design. The ITS involved the replacement of the existing Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Optic Communications network and supporting devices (CCTV, VDS & DMS) along I-95. In addition, the replacement of the existing county fiber network cable and drops for signalization interconnect were replaced within the project limits along US 1.
DRMP is a multi-discipline firm serving clients in the public, private and industrial sectors in the development of infrastructure and has been in business since 1977. DRMP currently employs 300 professionals in 13 office locations spread strategically across our service area. Today, DRMP is ranked among Engineering News-Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms” in the United States. For more information, please visit www.drmp.com.
There are no articles posted this month.
Our bi-monthly digital newsletter offering the latest company news.
- Nov13DRMP Relocates its Tallahassee, FL Office Tallahassee, Fla. – DRMP’s T...See Details
- Nov8Gabriel Colon-Rivera, PSM, Joins DRMP as Survey Project Manager in Orlando Orlando, Fla. – DRMP is please...See Details
- Nov1DRMP Relocates its Ft. Myers, FL Office Ft. Myers, Fla. - DRMP's Ft. Myers, ...See Details
- Nov1DRMP Relocates its Panama City, FL Office to Panama City Beach, FLPanama City Beach, Fla. – DRMP&rsq...See Details
- Oct21Steve Vargo, PE, Joins DRMP as Construction Services Area Leader in Georgia Stockbridge, Ga. – DRMP is ple...See Details
- Oct14Paul Benvie, PE, Joins DRMP as its Fort Myers Office Leader Fort Myers, Fla. – DRMP i...See Details