DRMP Wins APWA Big Bend Branch's Multi-function Project of the Year Award
March 8th, 2019
Tallahassee, Fla. – The Flipper Street Sidewalk Project for the City of Tallahassee won the American Public Works Association (APWA) Big Bend Branch’s Multi-function Project of the Year. Projects awarded the Multi-function category address multiple issues, such as environmental, stormwater, transportation and beautification.
DRMP provided design and construction support for the sidewalk improvement project located in the Bond Neighborhood in south Tallahassee at a busy residential area between an elementary school and a well-established church. With DRMP’s services and close coordination with residents and community leaders, the previous narrow roadway with an open ditch and no sidewalk was completely reconstructed. The intersection now includes a sidewalk and a new road for pedestrian safety and connectivity. Previously, open ditches collected trash and debris, but with the addition of a new stormwater system, objects and trash are directed to not enter the system.
DRMP is a multi-discipline firm serving clients in the public, private and industrial sectors in the development of infrastructure for the community-at-large and has been in business since 1977. DRMP currently employs more than 450 professionals in 16 office locations spread strategically across our service areas. Today, DRMP is ranked among Engineering News-Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms” in the United States. For more information, please visit www.drmp.com.
Add a Comment
Our bi-monthly digital newsletter offering the latest company news.
- Oct14Paul Benvie, PE, Joins DRMP as its Fort Myers Office Leader Ft. Myers, Fla. – DRMP is plea...See Details
- Oct14DRMP Project Wins DBIA Award Orlando, Fla. - DRMP’s SR...See Details
- Oct10DRMP Staff Installed as 2019-2020 SMPS Central Florida Branch Officers Orlando, Fla. - Two DRMP staff are h...See Details
- Oct1Corey Bloxam, PE, Installed as Secretary of ASCE Each Central Branch Orlando, Fla. - DRMP's Corey Blo...See Details
- Oct1DRMP Relocates its Mooresville, NC Office to Troutman, NCTroutman, NC – DRMP’s M...See Details
- Sep25Henry Haas, EP, Joins DRMP as Senior Environmental Manager in North CarolinaCharlotte, NC - DRMP is pleased to annou...See Details