DRMP Wins APWA Big Bend Branch's Multi-function Project of the Year Award
March 8th, 2019
Tallahassee, Fla. – The Flipper Street Sidewalk Project for the City of Tallahassee won the American Public Works Association (APWA) Big Bend Branch’s Multi-function Project of the Year. Projects awarded the Multi-function category address multiple issues, such as environmental, stormwater, transportation and beautification.
DRMP provided design and construction support for the sidewalk improvement project located in the Bond Neighborhood in south Tallahassee at a busy residential area between an elementary school and a well-established church. With DRMP’s services and close coordination with residents and community leaders, the previous narrow roadway with an open ditch and no sidewalk was completely reconstructed. The intersection now includes a sidewalk and a new road for pedestrian safety and connectivity. Previously, open ditches collected trash and debris, but with the addition of a new stormwater system, objects and trash are directed to not enter the system.
DRMP is a multi-discipline firm serving clients in the public, private and industrial sectors in the development of infrastructure for the community-at-large and has been in business since 1977. DRMP currently employs more than 450 professionals in 16 office locations spread strategically across our service areas. Today, DRMP is ranked among Engineering News-Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms” in the United States. For more information, please visit www.drmp.com.
Add a Comment
Our bi-monthly digital newsletter offering the latest company news.
- Mar13DRMP Wins Mulitple APWA Florida Chapter - West Coast Branch AwardsTampa, Fla. – DRMP won the America...See Details
- Mar8DRMP Wins APWA Big Bend Branch's Multi-function Project of the Year AwardTallahassee, Fla. – The Flipper St...See Details
- Feb22DRMP Staff Guide Next Generation of A/E/C Professionals Orlando, Fla.— Many of DRMP’...See Details
- Feb21DRMP Moves Up in Ranking Among Charlotte-Area FirmsCharlotte, NC – DRMP again m...See Details
- Feb19Derek Zeman, PSM, Selected to Serve on Palm Beach County Land Development Board Boca Raton, Fla. – Derek Zema...See Details
- Feb19Mark Jones, PE Joins DRMP as an Engineering Manager in AtlantaAtlanta, Ga. – DRMP is...See Details