DRMP names Larry Smith, Jr., PE as its new President/CEO
April 24th, 2019
On April 23, 2019, DRMP Principal and Board of Directors member Larry Smith, Jr., PE, LEED Green Associate was voted in by DRMP’s board of directors as President/CEO of the firm.
Smith started at DRMP as a Drainage Engineer in 1987 after graduating from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering in 1985.
In 1999, Smith joined the Board of Directors and was promoted to Managing Principal, overseeing DRMP’s Land Development Division.
Smith will be taking over the role of the firm’s current president, Wayne Chalifoux, PE, whose leadership style was an approach centered around unifying employees. Chalifoux surrounded himself with trustworthy leaders to make decisions using perspectives to do what was best for the firm.
Smith hopes to continue the success DRMP had under Chalifoux’s leadership style and develop a group of leaders who will continue to do the best for the firm. Smith also plans to diversify the firm’s project portfolio by developing DRMP’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS) projects, as well as relations with both federal and municipal clients.
“I just want to do a good a job as Wayne has done," Smith said. "I have some great people who will be helping and supporting me. I hope that we continue on with the success.”
DRMP is a multi-discipline firm serving clients in the public, private and industrial sectors in the development of infrastructure for the community-at-large and has been in business since 1977. DRMP currently employs more than 450 professionals in 16 office locations spread strategically across our service areas. Today, DRMP is ranked among Engineering News-Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms” in the United States. For more information, please visit www.drmp.com.
Add a Comment
Our bi-monthly digital newsletter offering the latest company news.
- Sep19Pavan Paiavula, PE, Inducted as ASHE Tampa Bay Chapter PresidentTampa, Fla. – DRMP's Pavan Pai...See Details
- Sep12DRMP Relocates its Melbourne, FL OfficeMelbourne, Fla. – DRMP’...See Details
- Sep3DRMP Opens Asheboro, NC OfficeAsheboro, NC – DRMP is openin...See Details
- Aug30DRMP Reaches 500 Employees Across All OfficesOrlando, Fla.— When DRMP first ope...See Details
- Aug12DRMP Named a Top Workplace in OrlandoOrlando, Fla. – DRMP has been...See Details
- Jul26John Gilreath, GISP Promoted as DRMP’s Gainesville Office Leader Gainesville, Fla. – DRMP is please...See Details