Wayne Chalifoux, PE retires as DRMP President/CEO
April 23rd, 2019
On April 23, 2019, Wayne Chalifoux, PE stepped down as President/CEO of DRMP. His successor will be Larry Smith, Jr., PE, LEED Green Associate. Chalifoux will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board and work with the firm on a part-time basis.
Chalifoux joined what is now DRMP’s Water Resources/Stormwater Management Division in 1982, just five years after the firm’s founding, and created DRMP’s transportation division in 1983.
In 1993, Chalifoux was asked to join the board of directors and in 1999 he was named DRMP President/CEO. His approachable leadership style will have a lasting effect on the firm and its future leaders.
“Our firm has an identity of being a family-oriented firm,” Chalifoux said. “It starts with our leaders, so we’re pretty big about that.”
For the past 20 years, Chalifoux has led the firm through office openings and the welcoming of hundreds of new employees, aiding in our expansion throughout Florida, North Carolina and now Georgia.
“Wayne was instrumental in seeing to DRMP’s expansion outside the walls of Orlando and helping guide me to start our North Carolina operations and going beyond Florida,” said Jim Beck, PE, AICP, ENV SP, North Carolina Area Leader and Vice President.
Chalifoux has instituted many programs for the firm – DRMP's steering committee which serves many functions, VP Jam Sessions that help upper management from all locations gather and strengthen company goals, and the generational committee, which helped implement the firm’s current mentorship program.
One of Chalifoux’s most notable contributions to the firm is his dedication to our client of Brevard County, Florida and the many projects he has managed for them.
“I think Wayne gives advice through his actions,” said John Burkett, PE, Vice President. “You realize when going with him to Brevard County, everyone loves him.”
DRMP is a multi-discipline firm serving clients in the public, private and industrial sectors in the development of infrastructure for the community-at-large and has been in business since 1977. DRMP currently employs more than 450 professionals in 16 office locations spread strategically across our service areas. Today, DRMP is ranked among Engineering News-Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms” in the United States. For more information, please visit www.drmp.com.
Add a Comment
Our bi-monthly digital newsletter offering the latest company news.
- May2DRMP Moves Up on ENR Southeast’s 2019 Top Design Firms List Orlando, Fla. – DRMP’s rank ...See Details
- Apr29DRMP Continues to Rise in ENR Top 500 Design Firms RankingOrlando, Fla. – DRMP ranked No. 24...See Details
- Apr26Congratulations to DRMP's Newest Associates Orlando, Fla. – DRMP, Inc., a lead...See Details
- Apr24DRMP names Larry Smith, Jr., PE as its new President/CEOOn April 23, 2019, DRMP Principal and Bo...See Details
- Apr23Wayne Chalifoux, PE retires as DRMP President/CEOOn April 23, 2019, Wayne Chalifoux, PE s...See Details
- Apr19DRMP Ranked in Largest Central Florida Environmental Services FirmsOrlando, Fla – DRMP ranked N...See Details